Monday, October 17, 2011

Again, again!

I had been on the search for a small slide for Nolan for the past few months.  Craigslist, yard sales, etc. I don't know why they are so hard to come by.  Last weekend, I was on my way out of town when I passed a yard sale.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw 2 slides!  I pulled in to the driveway and asked how much she was selling them for.  "I don't know...$5."  And lucky me (and Nolan) I had just that amount in my purse.   I was so excited to pick one up finally! 

When we first got it home, he was a little apprehensive.  Soon he was climbing up the stairs, and sitting down.  Reaching for a hand to guide him, he slid down with the help of his Daddy.   After a few more tries with help, suddenly he was letting go and sliding down on his own. 

Now, Nolan climbs up, sits down, and slides down over and over - sometimes yelling "Gain!" (again) after he gets to the bottom. 

Here's video from last night:

3 comments:

  1. why is it, when I see Little ones do something for the first time, it brings tears to my eyes, maybe because as I get older I am trying to remember my girls when they were that young and realizing how time just seems to fly by, Annie, enjoy ! he is so precious ! So glad you have such a nice family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Thanks, Debbie! I often have to remind myself to just put the camera down for a moment and take it all in! You are lucky to have such sweet grandsons! (and amazing daughters as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, this is adorable! Now I want to get a slide!

    ReplyDelete