Too many times to count, we've heard the funniest things come out of Nolan's mouth while he's in his crib. Last weekend, he woke up and the VERY FIRST WORDS out of his mouth were "I wanna have cake!" He must've been dreaming or something because he mumbled a few more things and then fell back to sleep for another 20 minutes....but Joe and I lay there dying from laughter and kept laughing every time we thought about it.
Yesterday, he created his own "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" style story. It went a little like this:
"Barney, what you see? I see a puppy looking at me. Puppy, what you see? I see a muffin looking at me." (A. Apparently, Barney had been on the TV before naptime so that was still stuck in his head. B. This kid can't stop thinking about food.) I tried to record it on video. I may have to post that.
Today, he was having a hard time settling down to a long-overdue nap. He stood up in his crib using it as a trampoline singing "Fwinkle, fwinkle, little dar!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of his lungs.
Then, I heard "Mommy? Mommy?? Help, please!!! Nolan need help! Nolan broke it! Mommy broke it, too! Mommy, help please!!!!!!!" I was too curious, I had to go in and see what this was about. Surprisingly, nothing was broken. I'm not even sure, still, what he was talking about. Sure, puppies were strewn everywhere around the crib, and the blanket hanging on the side had now fallen into the crib, but that was the only damage. So who knows what he was even referencing....I just never know sometimes with this kid. Ahhhh, he sure does keep us laughing.
More to come....stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment