Monday, September 17, 2012

Seasonal Changes

Back in the spring, when the weather was getting warmer, I dressed Nolan in a pair of shorts for the first time since the previous September.   He exclaimed "Momma!   These don't fit me!" as he desperately tried to pull them down to his ankles.  I hadn't realized he would have no memory of what shorts are.  Of course, he learned as he wore them more often.

Over the summer, we traded footie pajamas for more seasonal pj's.   Last night, with the temperatures dipping into the 30's, I pulled a pair of the warm and cozy fleece pj's out of his drawers.   As I zipped him up, he said "Wow!  What am I wearing?"  I said, "They're you're pajamas for when it's cold.  It's like being wrapped up in a warm blanket all night."    "Oooooooooo!!!!!!" he said excitedly, and then ran into the living room yelling "Daddy!  Look at my pajamas!!!"    I had to chuckle, and can't wait to see how excited he will be to see snow again for the "first time."  (I take that back, I can definitely wait!)

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! Caroline is so excited for the snow because she has been dying to wear her snow boots!

    ReplyDelete