Tuesday, October 26, 2010

About the Blog Name

One night when Joe and I were first dating, we were at Joe's old apartment in S. Portland listening to some of his CD's. If you know him, you know that he has a very eclectic taste in music ranging from Johnny Cash to the Beach Boys to The Grateful Dead to Green Day to...the Mamas and the Papas. I remember the song "Dream a Little Dream" coming on and Joe telling me that IF he ever got married (big emphasis on if???) this would be the wedding song. I secretly smiled to myself because, for the longest time, it had been one of my most favorite songs! I even painted a bowl at one of those "paint your own pottery" places with lyrics to this song on it. Not that I thought at that point that our "relationship" was headed in that direction. Ha ha!
Anyways, fast forward to 2006-2007 and wedding planning! Without any hesitation, we both knew what our wedding song would be. It was perfect...it wasn't something new on the radio that everyone was suddenly using for their first dance, it wasn't the same old, same old you hear at many weddings, and it brought back some wonderful old memories while leaving us wondering about what new memories we'd make together.
After a couple of years of marriage, we decided we were ready to start our family. While our very healthy and busy baby boy was growing inside me, we thought about all the things we'd do with him once he got here. I always imagined myself rocking him to sleep while singing. And I knew exactly which song I would sing. The same song his mother and father had danced to on the day they got married.
So when thinking of a title for a blog that I was going to use to keep people updated on the daily (okay monthly) happenings in our family, I decided to use "Dream a Little Dream" as a title and of course those lucky 7's! I really hope I can keep up with making sure this blog stays current! Thanks so much for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Are you trying to make me cry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful for your Mom to read, because I used to feel the same way about you three when you were little and growing . Now you have a precious angel of your own. Keep rocking and singing,Mama.

    ReplyDelete