When Nolan first transitioned to his crib, I put all the things I used in the bassinette in the crib - elevated sleeper with bumpers, rolled up blankets, and all the same bedding. He was sleeping through the night at 3 months and me, being superstitious, chalked a lot of it up to the supports he had in the crib. One friend called his crib his "hamster cage" because of all the stuff in there. I took that stuff EVERYWHERE!! Finally, I realized he was getting too big, he was starting to roll over, and it was just getting ridiculous.
So I started to take away items one at a time. I'm not just a cold turkey kind of girl. Eventually we got to where we are now, although he still has a lot of stuff in there now! But fun stuff - his favorite blankets and all his favorite stuffed animals for chewing on. He's still sleeping through the night and lately has been squirming his way out of my arms while I'm trying to rock and sing to him, letting me know he's ready to just go to bed! When I lay him down on his back (where he used to stay and just sleep like that all night) he immediately flips over, grabs as many puppies as he can, and snuggles up, one of the puppy's ears in his mouth. I say "goodnight" and "I love you" one last time and slip out. We listen to him as we sit in the living room flopping around in there and getting comfortable. This can last anywhere from 2 minutes to 30 minutes - and one night, one hour!
The best part is going in to wake him up on the mornings we have daycare. He is absolutely NOT where I saw him last. He's usually on top of a pile of blankets with puppies all around. I refer to this as his "nest." I laugh every time and usually run out to grab the camera. And here's how we end up with shots like this:
And this:
One of my favorite things....(which will be one of my next posts).
No comments:
Post a Comment